Turns out most people don’t know how to draw a bicycle. Gianluca Gimini, a designer from Bologna, collected 376 bicycle drawings from people of all ages and backgrounds.
He selected the sketches that he found most interesting, genuine and diverse, then rendered them as if they were real. He became the executor of these two minute product design projects by people who were mainly non-designers and confirmed his beautiful suspicion: EVERYONE, regardless of age, job and education, can come up with extraordinary, wild, new and at times brilliant inventions.
Facts and stats:
- total number of collected bicycles: 376
- youngest participant: 3 y.o.
- oldest participant: 88 y.o.
- different nationalities of participants: 7
- bicycles facing left: 75 %
- bicycles facing right: 25 %
Here’s a small selection of the designs. For more check out Gianluca’s work on behance.net.
All images: Gianluca Gimini | Behance.net